Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chocolate Fluff Filled Madeleines -- Tuesdays with Dorie


Don't these look fun? Margo at Effort to Deliciousness chose Chocolate Fluff Filled Madeleines as our bake along treat of the week for Tuesdays with Dorie, thank you Margo! You can find the recipe here at Margo's site if you do not have Dorie Greenspan's Baking From My Home to Yours.

Please excuse the lingering Christmas decor, it's the last piece I haven't put away yet, promise!

This is the first time I've ever made Madeleines, even though I've had a pan for them since 2008. Right after I joined TWD I bought a tradtional and mini madeleine pan, and can't believe it's taken so long for me to use them! I just used the traditional one today, in retrospect, I probably should have used both since I think I overfilled the pan, resulting in some giant and not so pretty madeleines.


Oh-well, tread on. Filling these guys with marshmallow cream was so much fun...

But not quite as fun as getting all messy dipping them in the ganache. After dipping only half of a few I decided to redo them and dip the whole thing. I was getting messy anyway, so why not go all out and completely cover them with the ganache, the recipe gives you extra, anyway :)

Haven't tried one yet, they are setting in the fridge waiting to become an after-school snack, but I did sneak a taste of the batter and it was delicious, so I'm betting these will be too :) Even though they weren't the picture perfect madeleines I was hoping to make, I still think these turned out pretty darn cute.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Yours turned out pretty! Sort of like little chocolate turtles! I hope they have cooled enough for you to try them!

Flourchild said...

Yum they look so nice and so tasty! Did you like them!!

superman said...

Wow!they looks so beautiful and delicious..

Alaska Fishing Lodge | Real Estate

The Food Librarian said...

How pretty! Love the festive sprinkles on your madeleines.

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

I overfilled mine as well. Yours look deliciously messy! :) Who wouldn't love a completely ganache covered madeline?

margot said...

They looks so good with the sprinkles! I'm glad you had a chance to use your madeleine pan. I thought it was easier to just coat the entire madeleine, too - you can't complain about extra chocolate.

Thanks for baking with me this week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails