Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mocha Walnut Marbled Bundt Cake -- Tuesdays with Dorie


Thank you to Erin of When in Doubt…Leave it at 350, who picked this week's Tuesdays with Dorie selection of Mocha Walnut Marbled Bundt Cake. I thought this cake was absolutely delicious! Husband was not a fan, too much coffee flavor for him, which sounded funny to me because I thought the coffee flavor was very light.


Followed the recipe pretty much exactly, I think I left my walnut pieces a touch bigger than finely ground though, and also used skim milk instead of whole. Baked in a traditional bundt pan for about 55 minutes. I really loved this cake and think it would be great to serve at a brunch buffet! Have to keep this post short, feeling miserable with some kind of cold or allergies :( See you next week with Swedish Visisting Cake!

13 comments:

Hindy said...

In my family, the secret is not to tell anyone there's coffee in it. they thought it was just chocolate.
Your cake looks delicious!

Cristine said...

Your marbling is so pretty!

Pamela said...

Good job on the marbling! I thought the coffee flavor was mild, too. Very good cake, for sure!

Marthe said...

Pretty Bundt Cake!! I skipped the coffee because I ran out of espresso powder, used cocoa instead.

Anonymous said...

Good to know that it worked well with skim milk! I'm always afraid to try it because of the difference in acidity. It looks great!!

Cindy said...

The cake is beautiful. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Tia said...

great looking marbling! I love how moist this looks.

Amanda said...

the marbling is beautiful, great job!

Amanda said...

the marbling is beautiful, great job!

Katrina said...

Great looking marbling on your cake there!

Mary said...

It looks great! I didn't have time to bake for yesterday, sadly, but I did make a cake today.
:)
Hope you're feeling better soon! I can't wait for next week's cake either.

Deb in Hawaii said...

The cake looks delicious--such pretty marbling. Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you about the coffee flavor. I actually didn't notice it until I ate one of the last pieces left, and I was like "umm, coffee...yummy." Thanks for baking with me this week. Your bundt looks great :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails