Friday, September 23, 2011

Honey Spiced Madeleines

I haven't posted a French Fridays with Dorie recipe since last March when we made the oh so delicious Beggar's Linguine. I can't believe it's been so long. I know I've missed a ton of yummy recipes but really wanted to jump back in with these Honey Spiced Madeleines, and here they are!

Above is the "before baking" shot. I was happy to take out my madeleine pan and put it to good use, the last time I baked madeleines was for Tuesdays with Dorie when we made Chocolate Fluff Filled Madeleines back in January 2011, and boy were they delicious! I only made them the one time, but as soon as I took my madeleine pan out, my daughter said, "remember when you made those chocolate ones with sprinkles, those were so good!" I was surprised she remembered just what pan I had used to bake those, and will definitely be making them again for her since they made such a big impression!

Above is the "after baking" shot. I baked them at 400 for exactly 11 minutes, the minimum amount suggested in the book. I think they were almost perfectly done, maybe a touch overdone, next time I think 10 minutes would be spot on for my oven.

These babies had some huge humpage going on! They looked just like I'd hoped they would. The aroma while baking was just spicy enough to get you into the holiday baking mood. My only change to the recipe was to use the zest of one small lemon instead of the orange, since I had just used my last orange earlier in the day packing my kids' lunches for school. Will have to add oranges to the Sam's Club shopping list! All in all these were a huge success, even picky husband liked them, and we all thought they would be perfect served with tea! So glad to be back cooking with FFwD this week :)

10 comments:

Trevor Sis Boom said...

These lured me back to FFwD as well. And look how perfect yours are!

Ei said...

Welcome back! I started FFwD after you left, so our cyber-paths haven't crossed yet. I love the sound of those chocolate ones from Baking. I may need to give those a whirl sooner, rather than later. These were too cloyingly orangey for me--I would have preferred yours, with the lemon. Yours look great!

TeaLady said...

Those look perfect. I have got to get a pan so I can make these.

Unknown said...

wow, my mouth watered reading that recipe!! :) cant wait to try!!hope you can check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration! i am also hosting a cute giveaway!

Adriana said...

These madeleines look perfect! Some recipes just call us back, huh?

Cher Rockwell said...

Looks like you came back with a bang! Great humps on those cookies - I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

your humps were big! I got some good humps on mine too and pretty pleased with them! I need to get the Baking book so I can make more varieties of Madeleine's!

Anonymous said...

I can confirm that these are perfect with tea. You have excellent humpage on your madeleines. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Your hump turned out perfectly - they look delicious. Welcome back! You picked a good month to return.

Christy said...

Welcome back to FFWD! Your Madeleines look gorgeous - the coloring is beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails