Friday, April 10, 2009

Easy Pancakes -- Tyler Florence Fridays


It's Friday, time for Tyler Florence Fridays! This week I decided to whip up Tyler's Pancakes from Tyler's Muffin, Pancake, and Waffle Batter. I wasn't sure how they would turn out, they have a lot of sugar for pancakes but that ended up being just fine and the sugar can easily be decreased. The recipe includes walnuts and bananas which I skipped this time around.

Tyler's Muffin, Pancake or Waffle Batter
(made as pancakes)

4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 Tbsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
4 lightly beaten eggs
2 cups whole milk
1 cup (2 sticks) butter , melted, then cooled slightly
1 tsp. vanilla extract


Pancakes:
1 ripe banana , peeled and diced
1/4 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
3 Tbsp. whole milk , if needed


To make pancakes: Fold both the banana and the walnuts into the batter, and thin with little milk if needed.


In a large, nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over a medium heat. I did these on the nonstick electric griddle so skipped that step. Using a medium ice cream scoop, pour equal amounts of the batter into the pan.

Cook the pancakes until bubbles rise from the middle of each pancake.

Flip and cook for another 2 to 4 minutes. Keep cooked pancakes in a warm oven as you cook off the remaining batter.Makes about 8 to 10 pancakes.


These pancakes were wonderful, and my husband couldn't decide if he liked these or our usual favorite pancake recipe better. I will be making these again for sure, and can't wait to try the batter for muffins and waffles as well. I ended up leaving out the walnuts and bananas and made these as plain pancakes. I'm sure walnuts and bananas are great in these but we have some picky people at our breakfast table. I bet you could toss anything into these pancakes and they'd be great. Sorry for the lack of photos, these pancakes were needed as soon as they came off the griddle for three hungry little ones and a hungry husband :)

11 comments:

NKP said...

Look at how light and fluffy those are! Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I love pancakes. Your pancakes look wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I love pancakes. I have been meaning to try these. Yours look fluffy and perfect.

Kim said...

They look perfect and light and fluffy. How come I can never get mine to look like that?

Deb in Hawaii said...

Those are some gorgeous pancakes--perfectly shaped and browned. Tyler would be proud! ;-)

natalia said...

Ciao ! I'll try this recipe soon they look wonderful !

Anonymous said...

Now those look gorgeous! I envision them topped with something akin to Bananas Foster...oh my goodness! Now...I want pancakes. Good grief!

Michelle said...

Now this is what I call a PERFECT pancake! Perfectly golden brown with light edges...just perfect.

Megan said...

What great looking pancakes - I'm always on the lookout for a new good recipe, so I'll try these for sure.

Jenny said...

I think we made the same recipe this week, only I made the waffles. The pancakes get a nice rise and look fluffy.

Elyse said...

Wow! These pancakes look perfect! Perfectly browned, perfectly light, perfectly fluffy! I could take a stack right now!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails