Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lemon Linguine -- I Heart Cooking Clubs


This is my first time cooking with I Heart Cooking Clubs, a weekly cooking club spin-off of Tyler Florence Fridays (which has sadly ended) that picks a celebrity chef and cooks their recipes to go along with a weekly theme. I Heart Cooking Clubs has been cooking Nigella Lawson recipes for the past 6 months or so and I'm really excited to finally jump in! I've spent lots of time browsing Nigella's recipes on foodnetwork and Nigella's site ever since I Heart Cooking Clubs started and many caught my eye but this was the first one I actually had time to try to go along with the weekly theme.



You can find the recipe for Nigella's Lemon Linguine here at the foodnetwork site, I did change it up a bit, I left out the egg yolks and also used double the amount of sauce for the pasta (the original recipe calls for two pounds of linguine) -- so I just used a one pound box of linguine and kept the sauce as written minus the egg. Sorry that sounds so confusing!

Lemon Linguine

1 pound box linguine (I used Barilla)
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
1 lemon, zested, and juice of 1/2, plus more juice, as needed
Salt (I used 2 tbsp to salt the boiling water)
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter

Cook pasta in salted boiling water. While the pasta is cooking grate the parmesan cheese and zest and juice the lemon. After the pasta is cooked and drained, add butter stir the pasta around so it is evenly coated in melted butter, then add the cream, parmesan, lemon juice and zest to the pot of buttered linguine and stir until the sauce ingredients are combined and the pasta is evenly coated in sauce. Serve immediately with extra freshly grated parmesan.


This week's theme at I Heart Cooking Clubs is Budgets and Bargains, and this pasta dish clearly fits the bill, you probably have everything you need already in your fridge and pantry and if not only cost a couple of dollars at the store. Served with a salad this makes an absolutely delicous dinner for any pasta lover. I've made lots of lemon pasta dishes (I love lemon and pasta :) ) and this is one of my favorites, especially because of the no fuss ingredient list. My husband is not a pasta fan so I made this while he was working late, my 3 year old is in a no-pasta phase so I had to make him something else, but my 2 year old and 4 year old and I really loved this dish!

11 comments:

NKP said...

Mmm, I love lemony pasta - I would have doubled the sauce too. ;-)
Delicious.
Welcome back!

Kim said...

I love the way this pasta sounds. Creamy and lemony is a great combination. Definitely a great pick for this week's theme. Glad you had the time to join us!

Teresa said...

I bet I could get my girls to try this. Right now they just want their pasta plain with a little Parmesan. Definitely bookmarking this one!

Lara said...

I love lemons, and have wanted to try this. I made her lemon risotto a couple of weeks ago and it was very lemony, and I love lemons. The rest of the family said it was too lemony for them and would not eat it. How lemony is the pasta?

Eva said...

I love pasta and this looks delicious. I've never made a lemon pasta, is that sad? I think I will need to soon!

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

Must try this lemmony fab pasta....fantastic choice....

Deb in Hawaii said...

I love pasta with lemon--this look delicious. So glad you got a chance to cook with us again! ;-)

Joanna said...

Ooh, this looks so simple and delicious!

Amanda said...

This looks great. I love simple pastas like this, and lemon is a great pasta flavor.

superman said...

i love pasta..they looks so great..

Alaska Fishing Lodge | Real Estate

Ana Margarita Supitran said...

Hmmm...I love Lemons specially your lemons Liguine you made...Thank you for sharing with this!...

Alaska Hunting Guides Marble Table Tops

Related Posts with Thumbnails