Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Honey Nut Brownies


It is Tuesday and that means Tuesdays with Dorie! I've missed the past couple of recipes (the muffins, which sounded lovely, will be making them soon!) and am glad to be back to baking with these Honey Nut Brownies.

These were picked for us to try by Suzy of Suzy Homemaker, thanks, Suzy! You can find the recipe for these brownies here if you do not have Baking From My Home To Yours and want to give these a try.


I baked these up this afternoon as an after school snack and they were a big hit. My two boys loved them and my daughter liked them but wasn't too keen on the nuts at first -- she later changed her mind and declared she loved these brownies, nuts and all. I used hazelnuts and kept them whole, which I like, but next time I think I'd chop them since these are a more cakey brownie and whole nuts seem to work better for me in dense fudgy brownies.

My only tiny change was to use an extra ounce of chocolate -- five instead of four. I thought these soft and thick brownies were great with some tea -- note the kettle on the range :) I would make these again for sure, I really enjoyed the honey chocolate flavor combo. Below photo is in front on my daughter's pink backpack and on top of a kindergarten workbook, which just happened to be sitting on the kitchen table, how's that for staging and after school snack?

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I love hazelnuts and I think that would be a good addition. My husband really liked these, but I wasn't 100% sold. I think I wanted more chocolate.

Tia said...

yours look soo moist n delish!
Buttercreambarbie

Hindy said...

Adding extra chocolate - good call!

Flourchild said...

Im glad you enjoyed them. The hazlenuts sound like a good idea. I used walnuts in mine!

Related Posts with Thumbnails