Sunday, July 27, 2008

Perfection Pound Cake -- Tuesdays with Dorie Make-up Recipe



No it's not Tuesday, but here's a TWD recipe for ya! I really want to catch up with everyone who was in TWD from the start. I'm giving myself the luxury of going at my own pace and order for these make-up recipes, and decided to start with Perfection Pound Cake, from pages 222 and 223 of Baking From My Home To Yours, by Dorie Greenspan -- originally selected to be the recipe for Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008.


I love pound cake and was excited to try this recipe. I have a bit of a confession, back when I was pregnant with my first child I craved pound cake like crazy! Homemade pound cake, not any of that Sara Lee stuff. I baked at least 10 pound cakes (note the *at least*) during my pregnancy. The baby in my belly who was referred to as "mommy's little cupcake" soon became "mommy's little poundcake" thanks to my husband. I tried so many different recipes and fell in love with buttermilk pound cake, no recipe in particular, I still don't have the one pound cake recipe I will always use, but if the ingredients contain buttermilk I know I'll probably enjoy the supermoist heavy yet tender crumb with a touch of tang it tends to produce.




Anyway, back to Perfection Pound Cake, the name is kind of tough to live up to. It was delicious pound cake, can't find anything wrong with it, especially liked it with Dorie's suggestion of butter and jam, great with strawberries as well. It was not quite as moist as I prefer mine but I like mine really moist... Perfect? Not too sure, that's a stretch, at least for me, especially since I've made so many super yummy pound cakes and things taste differently when you are pregnant and something satisfies a craving, I doubt another pound cake will taste as good as those I made when pregnant with my sweet little Poundcake :)


2 comments:

Jules Someone said...

I totally agree with you on the moistness. It tasted great, but it was a bit too dry for my liking. When you find the perfect one, let me know!

Suzie said...

I just made this on the weekend, and really enjoyed it. I thought the flavour was great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails