Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Spaetzle

A few months ago on my 'online all in one super market shopping mall' (aka Amazon) I saw the Norpro Stainless Steel Spaetzle Maker for a mere 6.99 and just had to add it to my cart, along with whatever else I was buying that day it helped me reach my $25.00 for free super saver shipping, can't beat that!



I was so excited to try it out as soon as it arrived. I used one of the two provided recipes, which I have since cut out and taped inside a kitchen cabinet door for easy access. That is where many of my 'must use again' basic recipes go.





Messy, but oh so delicious! After it is cooked and drained you can toss it into a frying pan with some butter and get them crisped up just a touch, with little golden spots, that is how my family always served it and I have followed suit. YUM. Even better is topped with mushroom ragout. My portion only though, the rest of the family prefers plain.



I've made them numerous times with numerous recipes since getting my 'spaetzle maker,' but these are the only photos I have, no plated pics, I guess they get eaten up too quickly :)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails