Monday, August 11, 2008

Crispy Tofu Triangles with Veggies in Peanut Sauce


This is a completely successful leftover make over :) Using leftovers from our Opening Ceremony Chinese inspired feast, this meal quickly came together, and I think I liked it better than the original meal! I used the leftover tofu triangles and leftover sesame 'lo mein' noodles, made my favorite peanut sauce, and added it to some freshly sauteed peppers and zucchini and summer squash, since that's what I had in the fridge.




Here is my favorite peanut sauce, it is slightly modified from a recipe I found on allrecipes a few years ago. At that point I was trying many different peanut sauce variations trying to recreate a sauce served at tiny Thai restaurant, this one was the most similar and satisified our craving.


Best Peanut Sauce

1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (smooth works just as well, and you can garnish with chopped peanuts if desired)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon white sugar (I do not use this, it really doesn't need any extra sugar if you are using "regular" peanut butter)
2 drops hot pepper sauce (I used more like 5 drops of tabasco)
1 clove garlic, minced (I use garlic powder)
1/2 cup water


I also add a splash of seasoned rice vinegar before whisking all together. That's it, super easy and delicious, and ingredients that are always in the pantry!


Look at those lightly sauteed -- still kind of crisp because that's how I like 'em -- veggies swimming in peanut sauce, probably one of my favorite meals!



I just love this sauce and hadn't used it in a while so making this dish with leftovers was a real treat! I have a feeling I will be on an Asian inspired food kick for a while :)

2 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

That peanut sauce looks so good--what a great recipe! Your ice cream above looks pretty terrific too!

Shelby said...

This looks really delicious - I will have to try your peanut sauce recipe... and I love tofu too! I would probably be the only one who would eat it here, but that's ok when its something I would love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails