Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Almond Bourbon Bread Pudding


Time for Tuesdays with Dorie! I'm a little late on this one today since I waited until Tuesday to actually make this treat, but it was worth the wait. Our treat of the week is Bourbon Bread Pudding, picked for us to try by Sharon from Simply Southern, thanks Sharon!


I used homemade French bread for this recipe, and instead of baking in a loaf pan went with a 9 by 13 glass baking dish. I used some extra bread, 15 ounces instead of the 8 called for, since I like a higher bread to custard ratio.

I also upped the flavorings a little and added 1 cup of sliced almonds. I also only used the 4 eggs and skipped the extra two yolks, don't worry, it was still plenty rich.


Served with some whipped cream (and some grade B maple syrup -- not pictured) I thought this was a warm and comforting wintertime dessert. I'm glad I upped the bourbon, vanilla, and almond extract. Picky husband isn't a bread pudding person, although I'm still trying to convince him -- I used to not like it but have turned into a fan over the last few years. The kids are hit or miss, we had one who ate their whole serving, one who ate only the whipped cream, and one who had a couple of bites but was not interested in finishing, oh-well, you win some, you lose some :)

5 comments:

Flourchild said...

Yum I love the almonds! It looks so good..:)
Your welcome for the award, you deserve it!

Mary said...

The almonds sound like a great addition, and a good way to add some crunch. Funny about the kids and their preferences.
:)

TeaLady said...

Adding almonds was a GREAT idea. Have to try that next time. This was so easy and so tasty I know thre will be a next time and soon.

Thanks for stopping by.

Tia said...

the first pic with the sunlight is magnivicent!

alex said...

hmm... makes me starve..

Edina MN Realty
Minnesota Real Estate
Local Internet Marketing
Gift Baskets
baby gift baskets
Christmas Gift Baskets

Related Posts with Thumbnails