Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mini Sacher Torte


Just a quick post for Sweet Melissa Sundays, our treat this week is a Sacher Torte, picked for us to try by Jessica of My Baking Heart, thank you Jessica! This cake recipe is actually the exact cake recipe for the Speakeasy Cake I made two weeks ago, with a couple of tiny tweaks -- a layer of jam and a dried apricot on top.


Since I already made the full version for the Speakeasy, I decided to do half a recipe and bake the cake into minis with my Texas sized Muffin Pan.


After baking the cakes are split and jam is added to the middle, before being sandwiched back together...

Then comes the yummy ganache glaze and a chocolate dipped dried apricot just for fun :)

I ended up baking the six mini cakes for 30 minutes which was just right, they turned out moist and decadent. This recipe has piqued my interests regarding Sacher Torte recipes and I may try a more authentic Sacher Torte soon! Love the culinary history behind this recipe, thanks for the fun SMS pick, Jessica!


6 comments:

Flourchild said...

Yum this looks so good... I love the picture of the chocolate in the last picture!!

Flourchild said...

Oh all most forgot
Please check my blog out.I have a surprise for you!!!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Your ganache is gorgeous! Thanks for baking along with me - so glad you enjoyed it! :)

Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

Your mini's look so cute! I love your glossy ganache.

rebecca @ beurrista said...

The ganache looks fabulous, and I do like the mini size.

alex said...

love it.. choccolate really melts..

Edina MN Realty
Minnesota Real Estate
Local Internet Marketing
Gift Baskets
baby gift baskets
Christmas Gift Baskets

Related Posts with Thumbnails