Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chocolate Oatmeal Drop Cookies


Our pick for Tuesdays with Dorie this week is a chocolate cookie with some oatmeal mixed in called Chocolate Oatmeal Drops. These cookies were picked for us to try by Caroline and Claire of Bake With Us, thanks girls! I made a half recipe of these since we have so many sweets around from Valentine's Day. I'm running a little late posting these, I thought I'd make them for an after school snack today, and guess what, today is a special day because my baby girl (who is now 5 and 1/2, oh how the years fly by) lost her first tooth at school!


I had to snap this photo as soon as we got home, it is her bottom left middle that is missing, and I seem to remember that as her very first tooth, first to come in and first to leave, I guess. She was so very excited about losing this tooth. I guess it was an orange at lunch time that gave her tooth the little nudge it needed to finally come out. When this tooth was first loose a few days ago, daddy asked her how much she thought the tooth fairy would bring and she said "twenty bucks" we'll have to see if that tooth fairy delivers tonight :)

One more shot of these yummy cookies, the kids liked them and even though chocolate cookies aren't usually my favorite, I thought these were very good and I loved the slightly crispy edges and chewy, softer middle texture of these. I also loved how easy these were, perfect for when you want a quick chocolatey snack. Yum!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Very nice! I'm glad you liked them! And congrats to your daughter for losing her first tooth!

Flourchild said...

Look at her pretty eyes!! WOw she is a cutie!
I love the cookies, they look so fat and delicious!

Pamela said...

Cute shot of the missing tooth!! Time does fly, that's for sure. The cookies are almost as cute as your little girl! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Losing your first tooth is a big deal, congrats to your daughter, I hope the tooth fairy was good to her. Thanks for baking with us this week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails